“This is my gift, my curse. Who am I? I’m Spider-Man.”
The late afternoon sun reflects off the spiderwebs created by Peter Parker, Miles Morales, and Gwen Stacy, evidence of their latest successful battle against crime in the streets of New York. Electra watches over Black Cat to ensure that she does not escape this time. Luke Cage keeps Lizard in submission as New York City police officers rush to take him into custody, and Kraven is put into a squad car. Iron Fist stands prepared to keep Venom web-bound, and Spider-Woman makes a full report to the NYPD. The trio of Miles, Peter, and Spider-Gwen depart the scene in triumph as Iron Man and Daredevil look on with pride. The city remains safe under the watchful protection of the teenage Super Heroes.
Thomas Kinkade Studios proudly presents our new Marvel Comics collaboration, Spider-Man and Friends: The Ultimate Alliance.
- Spider-Man and Friends: The Ultimate Alliance is part of the Marvel Collection by Thomas Kinkade Studios. Previous titles in the series include Spider-man vs. the Sinister Six, Black Panther, The Avengers, Captain Marvel – Dawn of a New Day, and Captain America – Sentinel of Liberty.
- Peter Parker’s Spider-Man, Miles Morales’ Spider-Man, and Gwen Stacy’s Spider-Gwen are portrayed in their classic comic book costumes. Joining them in this battle against some of their archenemies are Electra, She-Hulk, Luke Cage, Spider-Woman, Iron Man and Daredevil.
- Some of the iconic super villains portrayed in this painting include Venom, Kraven the Hunter, the Wrecking Crew, Lizard, and Black Cat.
- J. Jonah Jameson, the editor of The Daily Bugle and a vocal critic of Spider-Man, is portrayed on the billboard calling Spider-Man a menace.
- Miles Morales was introduced as Spider-Man in Ultimate Fallout #4 in August of 2011, upon the death of Peter Parker. The biracial teen is of African American and Puerto Rican descent and was initially part of the Ultimate Marvel imprint, separate from the continuity of the main Marvel Universe. This changed in 2018, when Marvel added his character to the mainstream universe, and Miles has made many appearances in comic books as Spider-Man since then.
- Gwen Stacy was Peter Parker’s first love, introduced by Stan Lee in The Amazing Spider-Man #31 in December 1965, and was murdered by the Green Goblin. In 2015, Marvel introduced the Spider-Gwen comic book series that explores an alternate universe in which Gwen Stacy was bitten by the radioactive spider instead of Peter Parker.
Estate Edition Sketch
Here is the E/E sketch for Spider-Man and Friends: The Ultimate Alliance.
- Textured Brushstroke Process
- Additional Highlighting
- Small Edition Size
- Authorized Signature In Silver
- Unique Hand-Drawn Sketch On The Back Of The Canvas