“Earth’s Mightiest Heroes” are gathered inside the Avengers Mansion formulating a plan to thwart the new threat by Thanos to Earth. The warning message of this pending attack appears on their monitors. Iron Man, Thor, the Hulk, Hawkeye, Ant-Man, Wasp, Captain America, the Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Vision, Beast, and Nick Fury get ready for an epic battle against Thanos and the Black Order, combining their unique skills and leveraging their incredible power of teamwork.
Thomas Kinkade Studios proudly presents its new Marvel Comics collaboration: The Avengers.
- The Avengers is the third Limited Edition Art release in Thomas Kinkade Studios Marvel Collection. The first two paintings in the series are Spider-Man vs. the Sinister Six and Black Panther.
- The Avengers were created in September of 1963 by the legendary team of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, making their debut in The Avengers #1.
- Over the span of decades, the members of the Avengers changed. The original five Avengers are Ant-Man, Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, and the Wasp. Ant-Man became Giant-Man in issue #2, and the Hulk left in the same issue. Captain America joined The Avengers in issue #4 after he was discovered trapped in ice.
- The Wasp thought of the name “Avengers” in the initial issue, saying, “It should be something colorful and dramatic, like…The Avengers, or….”. Her partner and love interest, Ant-Man, solidified the group’s name, exclaiming, “Or nothing! That’s It! The Avengers!”
- Can you find Ant-Man in this painting?
- The Scarlet Witch and her brother Quicksilver were originally supervillains, appearing in The X-Men series. She became a Super Hero and later married her Avengers teammate, Vision.
- Beast (aka Hank McCoy) was a mutant from The X-Men; however, he has always been a Super Hero. He honed his unique form of acrobatic combat by training with both The X-Men’s Professor Xavier and the Avengers’ Captain America.
- Spider-Man did not join the Avengers until over 40 years after he first crossed paths with the team.
- Black Panther, who was painted by the Thomas Kinkade Studios in the Limited Edition Art Black Panther, became a member of the Avengers in 1968 and has since become a fan-favorite character.
Copyright: MARVEL Elements © 2020 MARVEL. © The Thomas Kinkade Estate. All Rights Reserved. Art Brand Studios.
Title The Avengers
Published October 2020
Collection Marvel Collection
Limited Edition Canvas Availability
12 x 18
18 x 24
24 x 36Download Full Price Grid Pricing & Availability